I know it’s been a long time since my last post. My apologies.
I wanted to post a brief update on the status of The Imagineering Process.
I submitted the final draft to my publisher, Theme Park Press. Right now we’re looking at a release in late March to mid-April. As we get closer I’ll have a better estimate.
I’ve also sent the final manuscript to some friends, colleagues, and nice folks who have agreed to write testimonial “blurbs” (or jacket quotes) for the book. So far I’ve received testimonials from:
- Lee Cockerell, Former Executive Vice President, Walt Disney World® Resort and Best Selling author of Creating Magic…10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney, The Customer Rules, Time Management Magic, and Career Magic.
- David Burkus, author of Friend of a Friend, Under New Management, and The Myths of Creativity
- Sam Gennawey, author of Walt Disney and the Promise of Progress City, The Disneyland Story: The Unofficial Guide to the Evolution of Walt Disney’s Dream, and Universal versus Disney: The Unofficial Guide to American Theme Parks’ Greatest Rivalry
- Brian Collins, Former Imagineer & WDI Show Writer
- Jeffrey A. Barnes, Dean of Student Success at California Baptist University and best-selling author of The Wisdom of Walt series
- Louis L. Lemoine, Retired Walt Disney Imagineer and Disney Legacy Award recipient
I’m expecting blurbs from a few other folks as well, and will post an update when I have more to share.
So far the response to the book has been better than I could have hoped for.
As we get closer to the release I’ll share the testimonials here (as well as on Facebook and Twitter), and I’ll also be posting some snippets from the book that provide a high-level look at the seven stages that comprise the Imagineering Process.