As I explain in The Imagineering Pyramid, the interesting thing about Hidden Mickeys to me is that once you find one, you never see it the same way again. They are a fun and captivating way in which the Imagineers engage their audience.
During our recent trip to Walt Disney World, we found a handful of Hidden Mickeys, some of which we’d seen before, some of which were new to us. We don’t go out of our way to look for them, but if / when any of us spot one we make sure to share what we found.
So, which Hidden Mickeys did we see?
At Magic Kingdom we caught the plates on the banquet table in the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion.
At Animal Kingdom, I didn’t get a chance to see my all-time favorite Hidden Mickey in the Expedition Everest standby queue (we used a Fast Pass and single rider), but we found this one in the Kali River Rapids queue:
At Epcot, we saw Hidden Mickeys on a handful of of attractions, including:
- On Living with the Land, we spotted the shrimp tube and the garden hose (among others),
- On Soarin’ Around the World, we spotted the hot air balloons,
- At The Seas with Nemo and Friends we found the aquarium rocks.
- In Spaceship Earth we saw another one of my favorites, the paint circles.
- In the Frozen Ever After standby queue, we spotted this one:
What are some of your favorite Hidden Mickeys? Let me know in the comments!
[Links courtesy of Steven M. Barrett’s HiddenMickeyGuy.com website.]